Eternal Gardens Service Supervisor
- Job Role: Eternal Gardens Service Supervisor
- Hours per week: 37.5 per week, over a flexible working contract (may include weekends).
- Location: Based in South East London, (Sidcup) ideal candidate will live/work with an active presence within the larger community and catchment area.
- Salary: Starting salary from £28,500.00 per annum (subject to experience) including performance incentives.
- Role Type: Permanent.
- Closing Date: This vacancy will close when a suitable candidate is found.
GreenAcres is the largest privately owned mid-sized provider of bereavement services in the UK. We offer a sustainable alternative to traditional cemeteries through our beautiful woodland and traditional memorial parks. We operate a single site multi-brand strategy within our Kemnal Park and Eternal Gardens operations.
Eternal Gardens was launched in 2013 to provide a dedicated Muslim cemetery for the South East London community. Now, after 10 years of successful support, providing over 3000 family burials to Islamic high standards, we have adapted our model to support our community before, during and after the bereavement journey. Hosting regular later-life planning workshops and lunch time clubs at local Mosques, offering 24/7 phone line support, and offering an educational bereavement support, we are keen to help families at every stage of their journey. We also have monthly bereavement groups run by Kemnal Park which are available to all faiths and non-religious people.
We are a caring organisation. We invest in developing our people, providing on-going training and support to better understand and manage bereavement.
As the Eternal Gardens Service Supervisor, you will need to fully understand and have knowledge of the Islamic faith. The role will also require you be fully involved and take part in burials. The role requires full engagement with Mosques which are the heart of Islamic life, including event management through to organising and holding events with Imam’s, the community and Mosques.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Eternal Gardens Customer Service Team to ensure a motivated team who provide our customers with the highest standards. Including reflecting the Eternal Gardens brand experience to make Eternal Gardens first choice for Islamic communities. We are looking for someone who will promote the highest standard of professionalism by being supported with consideration, respect, motivation and quality training.
Whilst guaranteeing that we are welcoming and inclusive to all and that the service we provide meets the needs and requirements of the Muslim Community.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- At all times, promote the highest standards of customer service.
- All customer queries and complaints handled in a timely and compassionate manner and tracked via the operating system.
- Seek out opportunities to improve the parks environmental credentials.
- Ensure the effective delivery of services to Group standards and values.
- SERVICE DELIVERY
- To liaise with our families, visitors, funeral directors and Imams to deliver our brand experience.
- Set and maintain the highest standards of appearance for each service.
- Manage and conduct services and funeral related activities to the group required standard.
- Ensure our WOW (Way of Working) is followed in relation to all service activities.
- Liaise with the grounds team as required to ensure burial plots are prepared and checked prior to arrival of families.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure alignment of One Team, One Group values and behaviours.
- Conduct 1-2-1s and ensure the team are delivering on their objectives.
- Effective calendar management to plan Eternal Gardens customer service teams resourcing and activity.
- Support the Service Manager with recruitment activities as required.
- SALES AND MARKETING
- Achieve sales targets through effective provision for customer’s needs.
- Contribute towards the delivery of effective customer events.
- Engage with allocated mosques as part of the EG ambassador programme.
- Input into the continuous development of new products and services for the site.
- Maintain an effective aftercare programme.
- Follow up of leads and sales opportunities.
- FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Drive efficiencies within the operational areas to meet targets and manage costs.
- Utilise available systems to create continuous efficiencies and ensure lean ways of working.
- Adherence to all internal central and operational processes.
- Ensure CRM system is complete and accurate.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to all health and safety audit compliance.
- If required and trained deliver first aid and follow the correct health and safety procedures to ensure own safety.
- Essential knowledge and understanding of the Islamic faith.
- Ideally have experience with Islamic burials.
- Desirable – Multilingual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 2-3 years of leadership and team management experience.
- A passion for supporting our families and community showing empathy and respect at all times.
- Driven to providing exceptional customer service.
- Computer literate – (training will be provided on our internal systems).
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the bereavement services sector while promoting sustainability.
- Supportive work environment and opportunities for professional growth.
- Exceptional holiday entitlement of 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Enhanced Pension 6% Employer & 3% Employee
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Healthcare Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Bicycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Annual Flu Jab Voucher
- Me day, a day off for your Birthday
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications for this position are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and why they are a suitable candidate for this role.
Please send your application to [email protected] or submit your application via the applicable job portal.
Shortlisted candidates will thereafter be invited to a screening interview with Human Resources.
Successful candidates will thereafter be invited to an interview and with the management team at Kemnal Park.
However, due to the high number of applications expected, should you not hear from the team within two weeks of your application you have unfortunately been unsuccessful.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Live within close proximity of the park (Sidcup) with examples of local community participation.
- GreenAcres is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- GreenAcres appoints on merit.
*Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not encompass all the responsibilities and duties associated with the role. Additional tasks may be assigned as needed. *